Saturday, January 16, 2010

Monte Cristo Structures and Stumps



Partially inspired by the book The Coffee Chased Us Up: Monte Cristo Memories by Elof Norman and also from photographs I took of Monte Crsito while hiking there with my Dad. Monte Cristo, WA was a mining boom town in the 1890's but that all ended with the Panic of 1907. John D. Rockelfeller's syndicate Colby and Hoyt took over the mines in 1891. The road to Monte Cristo washed out in 1980 and it is now a ghost town. Audio accompaniment provided by Alan Mills. Here is the Monte Cristo Preservation Society.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I to but I think the post should secure more info then it has.